- Overview the major components that are used to make up a network
- Be able to choose the correct type of cable
- Understand wire limitations and how to create longer segments
- Learn about the OSI model
- Understand correct networking devices and how they work
- Acquire knowledge of how equipment is powered by POE
- Understand the types of wireless networks
- Learn how to set up IP addresses
- Understand how and why you need to port forward
- Learn basic tools that help you manage and maintain a Network
Credit Hours: 2
Approved for CEU Credit in: Wyoming
IP Survival Kit – Electrical
IP Survival Kit will build on your existing networking knowledge to help you master common activities in the field. We touch on some basic networking items and speak about the following topics: cabling, hardware, standards, protocols, POE, and wireless devices. We will also cover some of the more popular TCP/IP support tools that you may utilize. This course will give you a better understanding of all of these items so you will be able to build and maintain your network and devices. By the end of the course you will have a firm foundation in these fundamentals that you can put to use right away in your professional practice.
This course is to be applied to an Electrical License renewal only.