Throughout this course, we will discuss many possible causes of false alarms and possible solutions to cut down and/or eliminate them. We will look at what one industry association has done to help combat the false alarm issue and how you and your company can help. We will also look at the cost associated with alarm response from various agencies and how they impact you, the customer and the city you live in. Overall, we want you to be informed about different things you can do as a security professional to help reduce and eliminate false alarms.
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define what a false alarm is
- Understand the causes and impacts of false alarms
- Implement new feature sets that can help reduce false alarms
- Apply technical knowledge to reduce possible alarms
- Relate why false alarms are a growing issue and that it is everyone’s problem to solve.
Credit hours: 1
Approved for CEU credit in:
Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina (Alarm), Tennessee: (Qualified Agent), Texas